5 Top Tips for Using SlideShare to Boost Your Online Reputation
March 24, 2015
Learn how to capitalize on the presentation platform SlideShare to repair and boost your online reputation.
Anytime you can create a piece of information about yourself or your company and get it in front of a huge audience, that's good for your reputation. This is a point we've hammered home again and again on this blog (here's one example, and if you need more convincing, here's another example).
What is the internet saying about you?Find Out Now
Request a Reputation Analysis
When it comes to your reputation, more is always better. Here's yet another piece of content you can use to boost your online reputation: an online presentation.
How Online Presentations Can Boost Your Online Reputation
A somewhat old (and a little debated) statistic suggests that some 30 million PowerPoint presentations are made every single day. You might use a presentation like this to:
- Introduce your company to a new client
- Unveil a new product
- Release exciting quarterly earnings information
- Talk up company research
- Highlight a company accomplishment
A typical presentation takes quite a while to put together, as there are graphics to find, charts to make, pithy statements to type out and data to gather. You also have a number of very challenging rules to follow in order to make a PowerPoint presentation look great. But when you're all done with that hard work, you have a document that could do wonders for your reputation. After all, this is a document that says something exciting about your company. It details something new, something positive and something newsworthy.
Brand Yourself: Personal Branding for IndividualsLearn More
Why not make it do more for your reputation?
SlideShare: A Great Reputation Solution
The website SlideShare can help you push that presentation in front of a number of people. In fact, the company suggests that about 60 million people visit the site each month. If just one or two of those visitors spots your presentation, you could do wonders for your reputation.
So how can you make it work for you? Here are my top 5 presentation tips to boost your online reputation:
- Make sure your content is visual. When you're pulling together a PowerPoint presentation, you're probably planning to talk with the slides as a backdrop. In SlideShare, you'll do no talking. Your slides will need to stand alone. Make sure they get all of your main points across, without any speech at all.
- Use your reputation keywords. Each slide gives you an opportunity to reframe a phrase that's killing your reputation. If your company is linked to the word "quality" (as in "low quality"), make sure the word "quality" is in your slides and your headlines. Take advantage of the opportunity and make sure you're using your keywords to help your company's reputation.
- Explain what happens next. At the end of your presentation, you might have a slide that prompts your audience to ask you questions. Replace that baby with a slide that provides viewers with a chance to contact your company. Think about it this way: If someone comes to your slide show with a reputation concern and sees all of your lovely data, you'll want that person to come to you with more questions. Tell them how by including an email address or a website address.
- Fill out the form completely. When you're done uploading your presentation, SlideShare will send you to a page on which you can fill in tags and descriptions for your presentation. Take advantage of that! This is the information that will help viewers to find your presentation, and again, it's an opportunity to reframe those reputation-killing keywords. Never, ever pass up that opportunity.
- Promote, promote, promote. Once your slides are up and running, share the good news on all of your social media accounts. By Tweeting, blogging and posting about these slides, you'll give more people the opportunity to share the good news about your company. And with each view, they might be compelled to do more sharing. In no time, you'll see your reputation improve.
Request a Reputation Analysis
Will SlideShare alone fix a reputation management problem? Probably not. In addition to sharing information, you'll also need to remove information that's harming your company's name. That's not something this site can do for you. But, if you're already generating content that could help your company's reputation, SlideShare could help you to distribute that content effectively, and that could be a great supplement to your reputation management plans. And for everything else? We can help. Contact us here.