InternetReputation.com Code of Ethics (COE)
Employees, stakeholders, affiliates and contractors of InternetReputation.com are committed to an ethical professional conduct. They have joined together in subscribing to this Code of Ethics embracing the following topics:
Responsibility of InternetReputation.com
InternetReputation.com will accept responsibility for the consequences of our activities and make every effort to ensure that our decisions, recommendations and actions function to identify, serve and satisfy all relevant publics: customers, clients, organizations and society.
InternetReputation.com Professional Conduct must be guided by:
1. The basic rule of professional ethics: not knowingly to do harm;
2. The adherence to all applicable laws and regulations;
3. The accurate representation of their service and experience; and
4. The active support, practice and promotion of this Code of Ethics.
Honesty and Fairness
InternetReputation.com and its representatives will uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the reputation management profession by:
1. Being honest in serving consumers, clients, employees, suppliers, distributors and the public;
2. Not knowingly participating in conflict of interest without prior notice to all parties involved; and
3. Establishing equitable fee schedules including the payment or receipt of usual, customary and/or compensation for services provided.
Rights and Duties of Parties in the InternetReputation.com process
Participants in the process should be able to expect that
1. Products and services offered are effective for their intended uses;
2. Communications about offered products and services are not deceptive;
3. All parties intend to discharge their obligations, financial and otherwise, in good faith; and
4. Appropriate internal methods exist for equitable adjustment and/or redress of grievances concerning purchases.
In the area of promotions:
• Avoidance of false and misleading advertising;
• Rejection of high-pressure manipulations, or misleading sales tactics;
• Avoidance of sales promotions that use deception or manipulations.
In the area of pricing:
• Not engaging in price fixing;
• Not practicing predatory pricing;
• Disclosing the full price associated with any purchase.
InternetReputation.com will be aware of how their behavior may influence or impact the behavior of others in organizational relationships. They will not demand, encourage or apply coercion to obtain unethical behavior in their relationships with others, such as employees, suppliers, or customers.
1. Apply confidentiality and anonymity in professional relationships with regard to privileged information;
2. Meet their obligations and responsibilities in contracts and mutual agreements in a timely manner;
3. Avoid taking the work of others, in whole, or in part, and representing this work as their own or directly benefiting from it without compensation or consent of the originator or owners; and
4 Avoid manipulation to take advantage of situations to maximize personal welfare in a way that unfairly deprives or damages the organization of others.
Any InternetReputation.com employee, stakeholder, contractor, affiliate or member found to be in violation of any provision of this Code of Ethics may be terminated immediately.
InternetReputation.com professional conduct will be guided by:
1. Support of professional ethics to avoid harm by protecting the rights of privacy, ownership and access.
2. Adherence to all applicable laws and regulations with no use of Internet marketing that would be illegal, if conducted by mail, telephone, fax or other media.
3. Awareness of changes in regulations related to Internet marketing.
4. Effective communication to organizational members on risks and policies related to Internet marketing, when appropriate.
5. Organizational commitment to ethical Internet practices communicated to employees, customers and relevant stakeholders.
Information collected from customers will be confidential and used only for expressed purposes. All data, especially confidential customer data, will be safeguarded against unauthorized access. The expressed wishes of others will be respected with regard to the receipt of unsolicited e-mail messages.
Information obtained from the Internet sources will be properly authorized and documented. Information ownership will be safeguarded and respected. InternetReputation.com will respect the integrity and ownership of computer and network systems.
InternetReputation.com will treat access to accounts, passwords, and other information as confidential, and only examine or disclose content when authorized by a responsible party. The integrity of others’ information systems will be respected with regard to placement of information, advertising or messages.